27 April 2010

playing along--kids' clothes week.


I am looking forward to participating in the "kids' clothes week" hosted by Meg at elsiemarley.

It's a pretty simple challenge--to sew clothes for your kids for one hour each night during the second week of May.  And this week Meg has gathered a ton of beautiful and inspiring tutorials and ideas, so I'll be looking there--and in my (small and underused) pattern stash--for inspiration.  I also have a little idea for a theme, which I'll share later.  No matter what, it's going to be good to have some new threads for my two boys, who have grown like weeds this winter. 

3 comments:

Little C and Little J said...

I'm so glad! ME too! And, I'm going to need to draw boy inspiration from you, all I can think of that I might be able to successfully sew are tops. Looks like my boys will be naked from the waist down.

mama-pan | Mary Frances said...

haha! have you tried copying pants? super easy. I think there are instructions in Amanda Soule's first book, or I'm sure there are online tutorials--maybe Meg will link to one as part of the "challenge". Do you know a good pattern or instructions for a tunic-style top?

mama-pan | Mary Frances said...

and p.s.--my boys are ALWAYS naked from the waist down. it mortifies my husband.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...