30 September 2009

old wine. new bottles.

To get myself into the "swing" of blogging, I thought I'd work through some projects I've completed in the past year or so. In no particular order, of course.


This here's the "Swing Swing Smock" from Bend-the-Rules Sewing by the inimitable Amy Karol. It is modelled by a ferocious tiger because my regular model is testy about the whole photo-shoot idea. Catch as catch can, I guess (and what does that expression mean, anyway? Catch a cold. Catch a break. Catch a tiger by the toe...).
Details I like on my version of the smock: the contrast zig-zag stitching on the bias tape and the pocket fabric. All the materials for this one (Except maybe the tape? I forget. And the thread, duh.) are thrifted. Well OK, so that's hardly "all". All the fabric, then. And the pocket fabric is a really great chicken-and-egg calico that I've used on other projects for my boy--not too girly, but "cute" enough to satisfy his mama. I'll try get a better shot of it in another project.
Details I like in the photo: I just noticed you can see my reflection in the black background. As well as the ghostly presence of my messy kitchen countertop. 'Cause that's my shiny black fridge I photographed against, folks.
Thanks for reading! Be back soon with more projects from the past, and maybe some WIP, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...